To improve the lives of individuals and families affected by Lynch Syndrome and associated cancers through research, education, and screening.
- To make available resources to determine whether individuals or families are at high risk for Lynch Syndrome due to genetic predisposition, family history, or other factors.
- To encourage participation in the HEROIC Registry for the purpose of sharing family and clinical history to researchers working toward a cure.
- To supply information about options for managing and living with these risk factors.
- To offer support for individuals as they pursue their options.
- To share information to help the inexperienced understand the implications of Lynch Syndrome.
- To advocate for the interests of our high-risk constituency
- To encourage research specific to hereditary cancers.
- To reduce disparities among underserved populations by stimulating access to information, resources and clinical trials specific to Lynch Syndrome via the web and partnerships with relevant organizations.
- To encourage screening of those under and over 50 with symptoms of colorectal cancer as the first step toward good health.